[RDXA] Fw: [The Weekly DX] "DX University “Rules” in South Sudan/fwrd with perm

wd8cqb at frontiernet.net wd8cqb at frontiernet.net
Wed Nov 13 15:52:54 CST 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Bernie McClenny, W3UR" <bernie at dailydx.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 3:58 PM
Subject: [The Weekly DX] "DX University “Rules” in South Sudan

The DXU’s “Best Practices” will be used by the operators at Z81X.

For this operation, the Z81X expedition will break from tradition and not pre-announce its transmitting frequencies except on the low bands. Knowing the exact frequencies on the low bands is still very important. Rather than announce frequencies, we will employ the modern Internet spotting networks to direct callers to our latest -- and most efficient – locations.

Another innovation: Near the end of the Z81X effort the operators will try a modern twist on an old method to work as many of the “more deserving, but DX challenged” DXers as possible. This effort -- a version of e-Pilot -- will involve a DXpedition pilot. Details of this effort will be announced in further releases.

The Z81X operators will also look for conduct that is consistent-- or inconsistent -- with the “Best Practices” for DXers presented on the DX University Webpage. We will record many segments of the operation in stereo, pileup on one channel, Z81X on the other.  Selected segments will be uploaded to the DX University Website to illustrate certain points.

Look for us also emphasizing the low bands and in the CQ WW DX Contest.

Additional information on the Z81X expedition will be hosted on the DX University Website."

http://www.dxuniversity.com/

Bernie McClenny, W3UR
Editor of The Daily DX, The Weekly DX and How's DX?
Two week trial - http://www.dailydx.com/trial.htm
https://twitter.com/dailydx
410-489-6518