[RDXA] My Vertical got bent

Rick Mintz Rmintz at Rochester.rr.com
Fri Nov 1 12:52:59 CDT 2013

A more unusual fix, but effective is....

Clamp the bent portion straight and drive a wood dowel rod to that point. I have done it and it works FB.

W1TY

P.S. The Mean Time Between Failures for deer is 20 years so your timing is right. For dear is much, much shorter.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carey Magee
  To: RDXA Member Mail List
  Sent: Friday, November 01, 2013 1:05 PM
  Subject: [RDXA] My Vertical got bent

  Hi Everyone:

  Well, it was bound to happen.  I came home last night and found my ground mounted vertical was bent.  Seems a deer got tangled in the guy rope and now is has a sexy curve.

  So, once I get it on the benches, I am wondering the best way to get it straight.   I am thinking pressure in the reverse direction of the bend.  I just don't want to kink it.  I welcome any ideas you have.

  First my Volvo some 20 years ago and now this.  I really do not like these deer.

  73,
  Carey, K2RNY
  Rochester New York
  Grid: FN13ef